Our data shows that guests find it reassuring when they have information about property owners and property management companies. Property profiles can include information about the area the Vacation Rental is in, special features and facilities offered at the Vacation Rental and an introductory message for potential guests.
By sharing their profile, properties offer travellers a more detailed idea of the trip they’d be booking. This helps set and manage expectations and ultimately attracts more bookers.
To make sure guests can easily get into the property, it’s helpful to set up a key collection policy. A policy lets guests know in advance where they can get the keys and also helps speed up check-in. This helps reduce the risk of negative reviews. A key collection policy can also make welcoming guests more convenient for a property manager, who may not need to physically be at the property at all.
It’s important that property owners and managers feel secure about every booking they receive. Sharing house rules with potential guests is an important way of giving owners and managers peace of mind.
Because Vacation Rentals differ significantly from other property types, we offer them the option of setting their own house rules – and making sure that guests agree to these before they can make a booking. Property owners or managers can set up rules about pets, smoking, parties and quiet hours.
Another way to give property owners and managers peace of mind is to set up a damage deposit that guests have to pay before they arrive. The collection time for the damage deposit is automatically set to 14 days before arrival, but properties can also change this to seven days before or even on the day of arrival.
Properties can provide details about when they’ll collect the damage deposit, how they prefer to receive the payment and when and how they’ll return the deposit to the guest. This helps avoid confusion and saves properties having to explain this to each guest.
Benefits for your properties
- Improved performance – VR properties can take advantage of tools specifically designed to increase their performance
- Stand out from the crowd – set up property profiles to highlight facilities and manage guest expectations
- Facilitate key collection – make exchanging keys simpler and easier for both guests and property owners and managers
- Share house rules ahead of time – give property owners and managers peace of mind by having guests agree to house rules before they can complete a booking
- Set a damage deposit – collect a damage deposit ahead of check-in to give owners and managers additional peace of mind
Benefits for you
- Increase performance – give your VR properties the tools they need to succeed
- Earn points – implement and use the VR Essentials APIs and earn points in the Connectivity Partner Programme
- Strengthen your offering – help VR properties drive bookings using your platform