Recommendations tailored to the current Coronavirus situation are now available in the Opportunities API
The pace and scale of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having an unprecedented impact on the world, our industry and our businesses. Amidst this climate of uncertainty, we have been working hard to find the best ways to support you and your properties. That’s why we’d like to share some updates we’ve made to the Opportunities API that can help your properties’ performance in this challenging time.
Temporary changes to the Opportunities API
The Opportunities API provides performance-driven recommendations aimed at boosting bookings and revenue, reducing cancellations and streamlining operations.
At the present time, many properties are facing new regulations that quickly and drastically limit their operations. As a result, some of our recommendations do not accurately reflect the market reality.
To avoid creating any false expectations or undue stress, we’ve made three temporary changes:
- We’re adjusting the tone of voice of our recommendations to reflect the reality of the markets your properties operate in.
- Properties will only be exposed to relevant opportunities, which will depend on the country they are located in. Opportunities will be constantly reviewed to ensure that recommendations can actually be acted on.
- Certain opportunities will be completely blacked out in every market until the global situation has stabilised.
What does this mean if I’ve already implemented the Opportunities API?
If you’re already using the Opportunities API, you don’t need to do anything. When querying the opportunities, you’ll simply be returned opportunities that your properties are currently eligible for.
What if I haven’t implemented the Opportunities API?
Now could be the time to explore how our tailor-made suggestions can support your business and your clients, from both an operational and commercial perspective. We’ve also introduced a product incentive that will allow you to earn additional points if you implement the Opportunities API (among other products and features) now.
- We’ve made three temporary changes to the Opportunities API that reflect the current global situation.
- If you’re already using the Opportunities API, the changes will happen automatically and you don’t need to do anything.
- If you aren’t using this API, we’ve introduced a product incentive that will allow you to earn extra points if you implement it now.