New: error code feature in the Rates and Availability API
Why have we developed the new feature?
Some connected properties have expressed frustration with the accuracy of the synchronisation between Booking.com and our Connectivity Partners’ systems. To help you automate your workflows and reduce errors, you’ll now be able to find out the source of your connection errors.
How does it work?
To help you identify errors in your connections to our Rates and Availability API, we’ve developed an error feature for the following API calls:
- LOS Pricing
- Derived Pricing
Whenever an error occurs, a unique error code is mapped onto the call response. These codes are then sent to you by the API in a machine-readable format, including the error, a description and the resolution. This will help you cross-reference the errors with the list of error types on the API documentation.
If our properties and Connectivity Partners are satisfied with this feature, we’ll add it to other APIs in the future. See an example below:
What are the benefits?
- Improve property experience. API errors are a major pain point for our connected properties. Identifying and reducing these errors will help to improve their satisfaction with your service.
- Attract and onboard new properties. 14% of our non-connected properties are on the lookout for channel management solutions. We show these properties the quality of our connection with each Connectivity Partner, so the higher your score in this area, the more attractive your technology will be to those properties.
- Earn points in the Connectivity Partner Programme. Each month, you can get nine extra points in our Connectivity Partner Programme by solving errors related to rates and availability. Not only that, but if you implement the error code feature, you’ll earn a further 25 points in the programme, under the ‘Engagement’ pillar.
How to set up this feature
Log in to the Partner Portal and go to the ‘Feature Management’ section. There, you can select ‘Detailed exception response’.
- Rates and Availability API allows you now be able to find the source of your connection errors.
- This will help you automate your workflows and reduce errors.
- Log in to the Partner Portal to create the right setup.